Common Wedding Acronyms
While you’re going through the planning process for your wedding, you will probably notice that your wedding professionals use a lot of acronyms. Let’s take a look at the most common ones so you can use them like the pro!
Family member and Wedding Party acronyms
There will be a LOT of details that include family members and your wedding party. This is where you will see the most acronyms.
- Mother of the Bride (MOB) / Mother of the Groom (MOG)
- Step Mother of the Bride (SMOB) / Step Mother of the Groom (SMOG)
- Father of the Bride (FOB) / Father of the Groom (FOG)
- Step Father of the Bride (SFOB) / Step Father of the Groom (SFOG)
- Sister of the Bride (SOB) / Sister of the Groom (SOG)
- Brother of the Bride (BOB) / Brother of the Groom (BOG)
- Wedding Party (WP)
- Maid of Honor (MOH) / Matron of Honor (MtOH)
- Best Man (BM)
- Future Husband (FH)
- Future Wife (FW)
Event use acronyms
The following acronyms are less likely to be used, but can be important to know!
- Banquet Event Order (BEO), this a breakdown that may include your timeline, food selections, and other items (most commonly seen if you’re working with a hotel or all inclusive venue)
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages (NAB), you may also simply see NA
- Hair and Makeup (HAMU, or HMU)
- Front of house (FOH), or back of house (BOH), typically used in restaurants or with some caterers with back of house indicating the kitchen or behind the scenes areas and front of house indicating those areas with guest interaction / visibility
Are there any others that you’ve heard that we should include?